Monday, June 14, 2010

Work-In-Progress #2: Cowboy Quilt

Here's the beginning of my other WIP.

My brother and sister-in-law are having their second baby in August. They also happen to be having the first grandson! I had seen some amazing retro little kid cowboy fabric by Alexander Henry a few months ago and bookmarked it for some future project.


When they told us they were expecting, I sent an email saying, "If you have a boy, this is the quilt you're getting." So, when they found out that he's a he, I went to plannin'.

I ordered both the red and the white version of the cowboys and cowgirls.



How cute is that?! There are even these little groundhogs that I hadn't seen until it came in the mail.


Oh, it kills me! I love it.

Anyhow, I was browsing some other kiddo fabric and found these horseshoes by Michael Miller. So I ordered it too, and wouldn't you know, the colors match perfectly! (Phew, thank goodness...)


All three together.


My mom & I made a date of fabric shopping (we were pretty busy for those four days!). We were looking for the rest of the fabric to make this quilt. I'm going to base the design off this quilt by Amy at ACommonPlaceLife. I knew I wanted a blue with white stars, something green, and something yellow.


Perfect, no? We kind of went back & forth on the green one, because it's floral and maybe not super-masculine. But then we thought Rob would probably jump at a chance to wear a shirt made from that fabric, and he's very manly. So we went for it. Hope the baby doesn't mind... ; )

What do you think?


The final touch is this red & white stripe for the border. I'm hoping to find a great gingham or bandana print for the binding, but I'm not there yet, so I'm not going to worry.

All Photos © Me

We got a little bit nauseous as the lady cut the stripe for us. It was pretty intense coming off the bolt. But it'll be perfect in small doses.

Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment