Friday, June 11, 2010

Garden Update

When my parents came to visit a few weeks ago, my mom helped me plant some vegetables, loosely interpreted as a vegetable garden. I watered faithfully each day, but they didn't seem to be taking to the Colorado heat & dryness. Then I thought "maybe I should water them in the morning before I go to work, rather than in the evening when I get home..." So I made the switch & all of a sudden my plants went from looking all wilty


...to perking up, just as Mom had promised! These are my Roma tomatoes.


And these are my Big Boy, or Better Boy, or something, tomatoes.


Then over in my (slightly) raised bed, what is that I see?


Why, that's a green pepper! My salsa pepper plant had a pepper on it when I bought it, but the green pepper didn't. This is so exciting! Let's take a closer look.


I mean, I might be a little biased, but he's obviously the smartest kid in the class... And there are more blooms coming in, which means more peppers in our future.


Right next to my peppers I found this little guy.


There's a big ol' fat red-breasted robin that's been singing in the tree over our deck, so this must belong to him (her?). Or rather, one of his/her children.

What plant does this little twirly thing belong to?


That's my spaghetti squash! Rob & I discovered the delight that is Spaghetti Squash over the winter, and I can't wait to eat some from our own garden. Here's a bloom from this morning.


Tasty AND pretty.

And my salsa peppers? Well, there are FOUR little mini baby peppers on that sucker.


Can you find them? Here's another view.


And last, but not least, there's this little guy.

All Photos © Me

He's not really part of my garden—he's kind of off to the side. And I didn't really plant him. He just showed up. That's one mushroom I don't think even Rob would eat...

Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment