Friday, September 18, 2009

It's coming along...

I'm nearly halfway done piecing the top of my quilt. Pretty good progress, if I do say so myself. This is what it currently looks like:

 Sorry if the photo is blurry. Is the one below any better?

 Yes? No? I don't know... Here's a close-up of the nearly finished part.

These are the strips sewn into squares sewn together in strips. After I have all the squares sewn into strips, I'll piece the strips together. I'm planning on using that stripe fabric to sash around the whole thing and also to bind it. Still working on an idea for the bottom.

Then I attempt the quilting part! Yikes.

I'm loving it though. I already have about 5 new ideas floating around my head. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need more people to get married & have babies! I need reasons to make quilts, since I'm on a budget and can't quite justify making a gazillion quilts for myself.

So get on it people!

No comments:

Post a Comment