Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oooff...

Well, it's been quite the weekend.

Abe woke up on Thursday with a fever. He still had it on Saturday, and wasn't quite himself. So off to the doctor we went. Turns out he had an ear infection. We got him some medicine, and spent the next few days trying to be very patient with a very cranky lil boy.

Yesterday he woke up and seemed very much himself again. Hallelujah. We got showered and fed and went to church for Bible study. We had just started the very first video of Beth Moore's Daniel study, and there was a knock at the door, with our baby sitter holding Abe with a bloody little lip. He had tripped and fallen into a table and split the dang thing open. Thank goodness for the other moms in the room, and especially the one who is a nurse! My instinct was to take him for stitches, but then I second guessed myself, because I don't want to be the hysterical-over-reacting mom. But they all said, No, he needs stitches.

And then we spent 7 hours in the ER at Children's waiting to get 4 little bitty stitches. I spent most of that time thankful that we have access to one of the top 5 children's hospitals in the country. And thankful that Abe is healthy enough to run and fall. And that it was only a split lip. We did have to sedate him for the stitches, because seriously? What 14 month old boy is going to sit still for stitches? I mean, mine doesn't even sit still for 12 minutes worth of Curious George. The sedation was a little hard for my mama-heart, but again, I kept reminding myself to be thankful that it wasn't worse than it was, and that our doctors and nurses knew what they were doing. Amen? Amen. It didn't hurt that he talked his way through the surgery. My little chatter box.

Abe-zilla woke up this morning ready & rearing to go. There's not much that keeps that little guy from being his active little self.

Here are a few shots from our "adventure" yesterday. Nothing too gory. Enjoy! :-)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Now, to keep my 14-month old, who is teething and drooling up a messy storm, from pulling on his stitches...

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I would have been a wreck! Good job, Mama. Poor little Abey. But he looks good to go :) Maybe this will be the worst he'll have to go through? ;)

    ReplyDelete